Congratulations on Quitting Smoking
Quitting smoking boils down to will power. It is your decision, not ours. If you don't want to quit for yourself, you are up against all odds. Once you are convinced you are done with this expensive, health-damaging, disgusting habit, please let us know how you think we may assist you.
- COLD TURKEY. Very Do-able. Least expensive. Takes will-power!
- E-Cigarette, Patches, or Gum. Eventually, you'll have to get off these, too.
- WELLBUTRIN. Prescription medication. "Takes the edge off" when quitting.
- CHANTIX. Prescription medication. Blocks NICOTINE receptors so smoking no longer gives you a rush.
If you are ready to quit and you would like to pursue either option 3 or 4, please schedule an appointment. We’ll be more than happy to help you quit!
CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING FOR ASSISTANCE
- How To Quit Smoking Permanently by Allen Carr (strongly recommended by a patient)
- "Jar Method." - You'll need two Ball Jars with lids.
- Inside Jar #1, place 10-20 cigarette butts with splash of water. Screw the lid on tight.
- Tape a photo of something that means something to you (spouse, kid, car, etc) onto the outside of Jar #2.
- Place the Jars on your bathroom counter.
- Every morning, place a $5 bill into the jar with the photo. This is the money you would have spent on a pack of cigarettes that day. Congratulations … you are now saving money which will be spent on something you care about. You'll have $150 at the end of the month. You"ll have $1800 at the end of the year.
- When the desire to smoke kicks in, unscrew the lid to Jar #1. Take a whiff to remind yourself what you smell like when you smoke ... what you are leaving behind.
- If you are convinced you need to smoke, take the money out of Jar #2 and buy a pack ... know that you are now taking money away from your souse, children, etc.
- Smoking Cessation Support and Resources